Word of mouth is priceless for marketing your company’s product or service. One form of word of mouth marketing is a testimonial. A testimonial a curated review from a happy customer. I say curated because rather than a review which can be good or bad a testimonial is focused on the good part of your company and the experience it gave your customer.
When you ask for a testimonial you want to get specific details of why they are happy with your company. Rather than just asking them to write a review you should consider giving them a list of questions to answer like these:
- What is the one thing you liked best about Widget Company?
- Before you bought our service/product, what did you think of the company or the product?
- How did your perception of the service/product change after you became a happy customer?
- What benefits did you or your company see after becoming a customer?
- Would you recommend a friend or colleague?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I really like these questions because it gets them to talk about your company from the perspective of a before and after customer. This is useful to people who have not yet become your customer because those are the questions going through their heads too.
So make sure you are getting happy customers to write Testimonials for you and help them out by giving them some specific questions to answer.